1. Ankh Necklace // UGHDesigns // $46
2. Stretch Mesh Panel Top // McQ by Alexander McQueen // $187.54
3. Slashed Spike Leggings // Nasty Gal // $43.50
4. Everly Boot // Jeffrey Campbell // $189.95
5. Prisma Skeletal Leather Backpack // Alexander Wang // $1,050
6. Black Felt Fedora // Miss Selfridge // $44
7. Leather Moto Jacket // Black Orchid // $649
8. Smiley Face Button // SmileyStore.com // $6.25 for 5
9. Liquid Eyeliner-Boot Black // MAC // $19.50
Kickin' off my new theme with a character from one of my favorite series of all time, "The Sandman." If you haven't read it, STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING AND READ IT RIGHT NOW. For real. It will change your life.
Some notes on my choices:
- There are gajillions of black leather jackets out there, but once I saw this particular jacket, I had to choose it because it is by Black Orchid, which is the name of another graphic novel by Neil Gaiman. *BOOK NERD MOMENT*
- Death wears a smiley face pin in Death: The High Cost of Living, which I found extremely amusing. I also wondered if it's a nod to the character of Boss Smiley in the Prez Rickard story?
- After I put my little collage together, I started looking through some pics of Death and noticed her wearing what looks like a black velvet jacket, which started me on a spiraling journey of shame through all the fabulous black velvet jackets currently on the market (see here). Yep, woulda been a cool addition.
Putting together this outfit was crazy fun. Hopefully I can parlay this into a real outfit for myself at some point.
P.S. I am open to suggestions for characters to use as inspiration for future LITERARY LOOKS! Email me with ideas!